Statistics, which say that 90% of women have cellulite, should not encourage us to sit idly, doing nothing about it and comfort ourselves with the words “so, everyone has cellulite, it is not scary”. On the contrary, they should remind us that cellulite is a problem with which we should fight everyday.
Most women start taking active measures against cellulite when summer days approach. But, if you want to get rid of the skin that looks like an orange peel, you must take care of your body throughout the whole year.
Nowadays, there are many treatments and products that promise flat and smooth skin. Some of them give good results, while others are just a marketing gimmick. However, in order to check their effectiveness, you need to make a smaller or bigger investment.
If you are not ready to give extra money for skin smoothing, then try with homemade treatments which often can be as effective as the most expensive treatments against cellulite.
Yes, coffee can help you get rid of the cellulite, not if you drink it, but if you use it as a peeling. Caffeine, which exists in coffee, has an active ingredient of many anti-cellulite creams.
The simplest way to use the power of caffeine is to use the coffee sludge.
If you have 10 minutes…
- Gather around half cup of coffee sludge and go shower. It is better if you shower with hot water because it will help the caffeine to permeate deeper into the skin.
- Take a coffee sludge in hand and with circular movements massage the affected areas (buttocks, thighs).
- Massage the affected areas for about 5 minutes and then wash the sludge.
- The best effect can be achieved by washing the sludge with cold water. Cold water tightens the pores and makes the skin tighter.
If you have 40 minutes…
- Take a half cup of coffee sludge and add 2 teaspoons of olive or rosemary oil in it.
- Spread old newspapers on the floor and with circular movements wipe the mixture on the skin on the places where you notice cellulite.
- With plastic kitchen foil wrap the areas on which you have put the mixture.
- Sit and relax. In period of 30 minutes, while the caffeine is acting, you can listen to music, read a few pages of some book or you can watch an episode of your favourite TV show. It is proven that relaxation helps against cellulite.
- Finally, wash the sludge with warm or cold water.
After the coffee treatment, you will notice immediately that your skin became softer and smoother, and in time, you will notice that cellulite is reducing.
Clean the bathtub right away because the sludge can darken it.
Skin brushing is effective and simple way to reduce cellulite. Brushing improves the circulation, but also removes the dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin. As a result, you will get a softer and smoother skin, and cellulite will start reducing.
Take a skin brush with soft bristles and start brushing your skin while it’s dry. It is best to do this before taking a shower.
Start from the feet and move up towards the thighs and the buttocks. Don’t use strong pressure.
Lemon juice helps in the melting of cellulite. In a glass, drain one lemon and fill it with warm water. If you like to make it a little bit sweeter, you can add one teaspoon of honey.
Drink lemon juice, prepared this way, 2-3 times a day. Drinking only lemon juice will not help you to get rid of the cellulite, but in a combination with a massage, brushing and other treatments, can give excellent results.
It is considered that apple vinegar can also help in reducing the cellulite.
Orally. In a glass of water add two teaspoons of apple vinegar (preferably vinegar of wild apples). If you like, you can add a little bit of honey. Consume this drink once a day.
Locally. Mix apple vinegar and olive oil in ratio 3:1. Massage with the mixture 7-10 minutes per day.
Start taking actions against the unpleasant cellulite right away in order to expose your body in the summer carelessly.